Wednesday, January 09, 2008
A simple comparison of the world's principles and God's principles:
1.World: Achieve results
God: Serve a purpose
2.World: What can I get?
God: How can i give? Notice it's a how and not a what?It's not what you can give but how God can work through what you have decided to offer.
3.World: Success=dollars
God: Significance=people
4.World: work to please people
God: Work to please God
5.World: Fear of the unknown
God: Living with hope and trust
6.World: Leadership is being first
God: Leadership is being last
7.World: Take charge; surrender means defeat
God: Let go;surrender means victory
8.World: The end justifies the means. Get to the outcome regardless of how you accomplish it.
God: The means jusitfy the end. Do the right thing regardless the outcome
9.World: Short-term gain
God: Long-term legacy
10.World: Slave to the urgent
God: Freedom of choice
11.World: You can never produce enough
God:Unconditional love
Worldly and Godly Leadership: The Differences
1.Worldly leaders: Pressure weakens them
Godly leaders: Pressure strengthens them
2.Worldly leaders: Prioritizing profits over principles reduces their value over time
Godly leaders: Prioritizing principles over profits enhances their value over time
3.Worldly leaders: Their character weakens over time
Godly leaders: Their character strengthens over time
4.Worldly leaders: They produce nothing other than bottom-line results
Godly leaders: They produce a legacy in addition to bottom-line results
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
read this from adriel's blog and i think it's a really good measure of where u stand in the Lord and what principles we are embracing in our life? for me, i took it as a refresher course. to remind myself of what i've set out to do, and how i can continue being a leader. In Romans Romans12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world,but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -His good,pleasing and perfect will" (: like adriel said, the first part of the verse really makes life hard for us christians - to constantly renew our mind and not to conform to the world. not easy agree? but look, the last sentence of the verse is a promise. wont all of you wannabe able to catch a glimpse of God's GOOD, PLEASING and PREFECT will in your life? think bout that ;D and perhaps u would wanna realign your life and live according to God's ways now (: don't give up friends! :D
{edited @ 3:49pm}
Just let me say how much I love you;
PS: sweet lovely mangoes and chinrong makes me happy :D
I’m tired, really tired. That dreadful headache is back, but I rebuke it in the name of Jesus. I guess from the way I type this post it’s really kind of obvious that I’m not in the best of moods? Why? 1, I’m really bored and tired from all the work I have to do. 2, I don’t want to elaborate on what I’m feeling inside now. Leave me alone. I’ll be okay, really.
I don’t know what this feeling is. I don’t know where it came from, or how it ended up in my heart and now it’s slowly creeping up to my mind. It feels like this endless ‘I love you, I love you not’ love-hate kind of feeling. But yea, I figured you wouldn’t even know I was referring to you; because as surprised as I am already, I doubt you’ll realize. i don't want to feel like this. I just want to let you know that everything that i hold inside of me, is everything I can't let go. I really don’t want to settle for number 2. i hate it i hate it i hate it.
de a'More ;
10:51 AM