Sunday, February 20, 2011

Because we’re all going to be okay.
Yesterday’s YA event made me think alot about us as a couple, how we’re both leading our lives and the future compared to the world.
Looking at the world and culture now, co-habiting, one-night-stands, touchy feely and P.D.A-ing everywhere is so normal. Afterall, that’s what you do when you’re in love, don’t you? I cannot deny that even in church, sometimes it irks me when i see couples behaving inappropriately and i wonder if they realize that their actions might cause people to stumble and question the basis of their relationship. And if they really treasure their relationship i don't think you'd want people to create a wrng impression of you.
I admit it’s hard, both for girls and guys, to abstain from touchy feely issues, let alone sex. Girls do like the attention sometimes, and for the guys, well they are guys. And however good or godly or nice your boyfriend is, they are still guys. I had a good talk with David and Ken about the issue today and i was so so comforted. I wasn’t looking for perfect answers and for him to tell me ‘oh no, i never tempted before. I never had bad ideas and feelings before’. But instead the honesty behind it.
I know for a fact every guy is challenged in that area, it’s just about how well they protect themselves. And ken, being honest explained his idea of protecting himself and protecting me. It;s true that in army and online there are alot of temptations. But for him, everytime he feels tempted or has thoughts that may not seem so right, his boundary and defense goes up, ensuring that he doesnt give in and fall into the trap. Does it cross his mind? Yes. Is he perfect? No. But i know he tries his best and he does have boundaries for himself and i am proud of him for doing that.
I remember telling David and Delia how much i trust him in this relationship. That for the past 1 year plus we’ve been together, never did i have to worry if he ever haboured wrong thoughts about me. Even when we’re alone, i can tell it from the fact that he wouldn’t cuddle with me or get touchy with me on the couch and all. Not because it is wrong, but by doing that he knows he will get tempted and as a result, he chooses to protect me, respect me and love me by not getting into the act. Even when i try my luck, push his limits and test him - lets say go closer to him, make some skin contact, talk to him; he will actually back away. And i am glad my testing proved me so.
That is who i call a man that loves me, respects me and protects me. In the culture today it is really hard to find men like that. Even the nicest man, when put to test for lust and sexual pleasures, usually fail. And it’s normal, not saying its bad. It is normal. But the difference is that the good guys bother, bother to protect their women, themselves and have a basic respect for the party. And i am so appreciative of that. I look into his eyes, and i see all i love i’d really need in the future. I look forward to our lifetime together, to explore and understand one another better. And everyday with him and God is a good day into the future together. It’s so important that we have this trust going on and i am happy.
I hope those that attended the YA event yesterday had something to take away, especially if you are attached and want to live pure and blamelessly and have God to bless your relationship, perhaps you and your boyfriend could have a good talk. Be honest with yourselves. Face it girls, we do enjoy the attention and the touch from the males, but it doesnt honor God. And we need to protect our men. Don’t spoil the relationship too early in the relationship. Be honest with yourselves and check your motives. I assure you if you honor God in the relationship, He will honor and bless the relationship.
All the best everyone.
I know we’re going to be okay.
de a'More ;
6:24 PM